Bristol Myers Squibb IO Scientific Advisor in United States
• Plan and execute medical brand plans and medical budget for non-promotional activities like advisory boards, continuous medical educations, symposia etc.
• Provide medical input in development of product marketing plans and strategies
• Provide early insights on new products&indications in close collaboration with global team
• Identify local data gaps&data dissemination strategy,and work together with clinical trials department to maintain regular contacts with investigators for key studies
• Responsible for engagement plan to support medical objectives
• Prepare and give medical&product trainings to internal staff or vendors
- External Environment and Customer Focus
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with Thought Leaders, appropriate HCPs, and access stakeholders, within a given geography to answer scientific, unsolicited product and HEOR related questions. SAs will use various channels for interactions (1:1, group presentation; remote, etc).• Effectively present information to HCPs, as appropriate, ensuring medical accuracy and compliance with local procedures, ethical and legal guidelines and directives.• Actively profile the medical landscape and continuously update knowledge and expertise in products, patient treatment trends, unmet medical needs, clinical trials and scientific activities. Understand the competitive landscape and actively prepare to address informational needs of customers.• Collect and provide meaningful medical insights back to the medical and commercial organizations to be actioned in support of the strategy development.
Manage and Deliver the Medical Plan • Provide strategic input into the development of Brand plans, develop and execute local Medical Plan and TL Interaction plans.• Deliver scientifically meaningful medical program proposals and ensure flawless execution of medical activities• Identify potential speakers for Company educational programs and ensure that these speakers receive all necessary product and disease state training.
Provide Medical Support• Contribute to the development and review of medical content within promotional and non-promotional materials (as appropriate, consistent with the Promotional and Non-Promotional Company procedural documents and/or local codes), according to local resource and requirement.• Contribute to and coordinate the development of the medical / scientific sections of pricing and reimbursement files.• Contribute to the development of scientific publications or presentations, as appropriate. • As necessary and appropriate, may support the initial and ongoing medical/scientific area and product specific training and provide key scientific updates to internal stakeholders (Commercial, Regulatory, OR, PV, Legal, HEOR, Market Access, etc).
Support Clinical Trial Activities
• Support Interventional and Non Interventional Research (NIR) studies (including input on study feasibility, identification and assessment of potential study sites, facilitate BMS and investigator activities, and conduct site visits to support patient recruitment and/or discussions around the safe and effective use of Company investigational products, as appropriate and in agreement with local medical management.• Provide recommendations and insights to GDO on study and site feasibilities within the therapeutic area based on knowledge of the field and through direct contacts with potential investigators, as appropriate and in agreement with local medical management.• Actively support CRO sponsored studies as appropriate or as defined by the study scope document
• Provide medical support to GDO to transition patients from clinical trial to marketed and/or reimbursed supply of drug, where required and appropriate.
• Ensure that Company Pharmacovigilance procedural documents are understood and applied by Investigators of local studies, and alert appropriate Company personnel to any identified Adverse Events.
Medical doctor (physician), PharmD or PhD, with experience in a specific Disease Area or with a broad medical background
Or Science graduate with substantial and relevant pharmaceutical experience
Superior disease Area knowledge and understanding scientific publications
In-depth knowledge of a scientific or clinical area
In-depth knowledge of relevant company products highly desirable.
Knowledge of clinical trial design and process
Knowledge of the National Healthcare System and the pharmaceutical industry
Excellent English language skills, spoken and written
Working in a scientific and/or clinical research environment
Ability of communicating and presenting scientific and/or clinical data to research or healthcare professionals
Quickly and comprehensively learning about new subject areas and environments
We’re creating innovative medicines for patients fighting serious diseases. We’re also nurturing our own diverse team with inspiring work and challenging career options. No matter the role, each one of us makes a contribution. And that makes all the difference.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.