Bristol Myers Squibb Medical Science Manager in Santiago, Chile
• The primary role of a MSMs (approx 70-80% FTE) is to develop and maintain contacts with key stakeholders within their healthcare system. The purpose of interactions is to ensure patient have access to BMS medicines, to ensure their safe and appropriate use through peer to peer discussions aligned with medical strategies and needs expressed by the stakeholders. The scientific dialogue focused on disease management and BMS product faire and balanced and includes appropriate Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) data.
• MSMs will develop and maintain contacts with International, National and Local TLs within a given geography. MSMs will also interact with other HCPs and access decision makers to answer unsolicited product and HEOR related questions. MSM will use different channels for interactions (One to one, group presentations; remotely or face to face…).
• MSMs will provide input into the development of Brand and Medical plans, develop their territory field medical plans and develop TL activity plans based on TL needs and subsequently execute those plans.
• MSMs collect and report in appropriate tool valuable medical insights gained during interactions.
• MSMs may support company initiated clinical trials by interacting with investigational teams providing information, addressing compound related questions and by collaborating with BMS/outsourced teams to assist in site identification and identify enrollment barriers. MSMs will participate in Real World Research on an adhoc basis.
• MSMs need to partner with the sales force teams by acting as a reference point for any medical questions they may have and train the sales team on disease area and product knowledge.
• The MSM may provide scientific support at promotional meetings by presenting scientific data, evaluating potential future speakers and supporting BMS-contracted speakers.
• MSMs will perform their activities in an ethical and compliant manner, in adherence with BMS policies and external laws and regulation.
• In depth knowledge of a scientific or clinical area, disease area knowledge, including key scientific publications
• Knowledge of HEOR core concepts
• Knowledge of clinical trial design and process
• Knowledge of the local healthcare system and the pharmaceutical industry
• Excellent communication skills (oral/written)
• Good English language skills, spoken and written
• Ability to work independently and act as a team player
• Travel required, varies by geography
• Attainment of an advanced degree, MD, PharmD, or PhD with clinical experience in a specific Disease Area or with a broad medical background preferred
• Working in a scientific and/or clinical research environment
• Translating scientific or clinical data into compelling messages to help physicians best serve their patients
• Communicate scientific and/or clinical data to research or healthcare professionals
• Developing peer-to-peer relationships with leading physicians, scientists or other HCPs
• Articulating value data to HCPs
We’re creating innovative medicines for patients fighting serious diseases. We’re also nurturing our own diverse team with inspiring work and challenging career options. No matter the role, each one of us makes a contribution. And that makes all the difference.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled