Bristol Myers Squibb Group Leader in REDWUCTY MDX, California
We are seeking a leader with significant experience in biochemistry and molecular and cell biology. The candidate will be expected to lead the protein antigen group and scientifically champion efforts to generate cell-lines, assays and protein/peptide antigens.
· Support biology and antibody generation groups in antigen design and generation and reagents for cell-based functional assays.
· Provide technical leadership in cell-line generation, protein/peptide design, expression, and purification.
· Apply technical expertise in molecular and cell biology to design and generate transient and stable cell-lines; expertise in biochemistry to design and generate reagents for cell-based functional assays; working knowledge of protein chemistry to assist in design and generation of protein/peptide antigens.
· Identify and implement methodologies to enhance cell-line, antigen, and assay functionalities.
· Accomplish goals under project team time lines.
· Ph.D. and postdoctoral work in Biochemistry, Molecular & Cell Biology or similar field. 6+ years of industry or academic
· Experience in leading a small team to generate cell-lines for immunizations and functional assays.
· Experience in generation of protein antigens is highly desired but not required.
· Evaluate business requirements and provide recommendations for the adoption of innovative technologies to meet broader organizational needs.
· Demonstrated ability to work and lead in a multidisciplinary biologics discovery team.
· Excellent written, oral, management and organizational skills
We’re creating innovative medicines for patients fighting serious diseases. We’re also nurturing our own diverse team with inspiring work and challenging career options. No matter the role, each one of us makes a contribution. And that makes all the difference.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.