Bristol Myers Squibb Senior Scientist, Purification (14) in Redwood City, California
Senior Scientist - Purification
We are seeking a skilled protein chemist at the Senior Scientist level to join the protein production group. The candidate will be expected to work on a variety of projects to purify proteins from multiple species and heterologous expression systems.
• Purify proteins using variety of systems (affinity, ion exchange, size exclusion, etc.).
• Purify proteins using multiple purification platforms (i.e. AKTA Avant, etc.).
• Analyze proteins using standard protein characterization methods (SDS-PAGE/CE-SDS, SEC-MALLS, endotoxin, etc.).
• Perform experiments with strong attention to detail and documentation.
• Excellent written and oral skills are necessary.
• Accomplish goals under project team time lines.
• Ph.D. degree in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular and Cell Biology, or similar field with 4+ years of post Ph.D. experience
• Independent ability and experience in generation and characterization of high quality proteins for immunizations, crystallography, etc. is required.
• Strong expertise in antibody purification and characterization for in vitro and in vivo uses is also required.
• Experience in automated purification is highly preferred.
• Experience and knowledge of molecular biology and expression is preferred.
• Experience with training and guiding an associate is required.
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary biologics discovery team
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled