Bristol Myers Squibb Scientist III, Protein Engineering & Immunology (7) in Redwood City, California
Scientist III, Protein Engineering/immunology
We are seeking a skilled biochemist /molecular biologist/immunologist at the Scientist III level to work on a variety of cutting edge projects at the interface of protein engineering and immuno-oncology. The candidate will be expected to develop in-vitro biochemical and immune assays to help in develop new technologies and move pipeline projects forward.
• Work at the interface between protein engineering and biology/immunology
• Utilize expertise in biology, immunology, and biochemistry to design and implement functional and cell-based assays to support technology development, antibody selections, and mechanistic studies
• lead exploratory efforts and identify/validate novel therapeutic targets
• Identify and implement methodologies to enhance cell-line, antigen, and assay functionalities.
• Apply molecular and cell biology techniques to design and generate transient and stable cell-lines using various techniques including lentiviral transduction and CRISPR
• Accomplish goals under project team time lines.
• Ph.D. and postdoctoral work in Molecular & Cell Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry or similar fields with 4-8 years of post Ph.D. experience
• Background in Oncology or immune-oncology
• Experience in functional assay development
• Strong experience in primary cell culture and multi color FACS analysis
• CRISPR and lentivirus experience desirable
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary biologics discovery team
• Excellent written, oral, and organizational skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled