Bristol Myers Squibb Scientist I, Protein Engineering (1) in Redwood City, California
Scientist I, Protein Engineering
We are seeking a skilled and enthusiastic Protein/Antibody engineer to join the Protein Engineering Group. The candidate will be expected to work on a variety of protein engineering projects to optimize and generate differentiated antibody therapeutic leads.
• Lead protein engineering efforts to engineer antibodies and antibody fusion proteins with novel properties
• Optimize variable and constant domains of antibodies to generate therapeutic leads.
• Elucidate mechanistic understanding of targets and work to progress targets through pipeline
• Independently perform complex experiments with strong attention to detail and documentation.
• Excellent written and oral skills are necessary.
• Accomplish goals under project team time lines.
• Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Antibody engineering, chemical engineering, structural biology, or similar fields with 2-5 years post Ph.D. experience.
• Knowledgeable in engineering novel functionalities into antibodies (such as cytokines, modulating FcgRs, or FcRn interactions)
• Experience in utilizing various display technologies (yeast, phage, mammalian systems)
• Experience and knowledge of molecular biology, protein expression, purification, and characterization required.
• Immunology/Oncology experience including in-vitro cell-based assays is highly desirable
• Understanding of structure-function of proteins is a plus
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary biologics discovery team.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled