Bristol Myers Squibb Scientist, Hybridoma (35) in Redwood City, California
Scientist – Hybridoma
We are seeking a Scientist with hands-on experience in antibody discovery using hybridoma and/or B-cell approaches to support therapeutic biologics programs and reagent antibody generation. Responsibilities will include designing and executing on immunization and screening strategies to generate panels of antibodies that meet the required criteria as well as diverse panels of antibody sequences and epitopes where needed. The candidate must have in-depth knowledge of current state-of-the art antibody generation technologies and be able to apply this to practice at the bench. In depth understanding of immunology, cell biology, and molecular biology is needed as well as a thorough understanding of approaches to manipulate immune response and characterize antibodies (both binding assays and sequence analysis).
• Design and execute on antibody discovery goals utilizing hybridoma and molecular biology approaches
• Design and execute on approaches to target immune responses to the antigens and epitopes of interest and collaborate with project teams, protein engineering, and HTS and Automation groups for immunogen design and efficient antibody screening cascades.
• Utilize multiple in-house platforms as needed to meet program requirements, guide project teams towards appropriate technologies or platforms as needed.
• Proactively propose strategies to project teams to generate the target antibodies
• Execute on all stages of antibody generation to deliver diverse panels of antibodies meeting the required criteria.
• Integrate data from multiple sources (binding, epitope, sequences, and protein characterization) to generate a complete data package for antibody characterization.
• Maintain detailed records of all experiments in ELN and using in-house databases and tracking systems.
• Communicate with project teams and other stakeholders to ensure that antibody programs are executed efficiently.
• Responsible for delivering both data analysis packages as well as purified antibodies to project teams
• Trouble-shoot and optimize protocols and propose creative solutions to improve efficiency to existing processes.
• Proactively evaluate new technologies, instrumentation, and assays available from the literature or scientific meetings to improve in-house platforms.
• Ph.D. and postdoctoral in Molecular and Cell Biology, Biochemistry, or advanced degree with 5+ years of relevant experience.
• Demonstrated experience successfully executing antibody generation using hybridoma approaches and/or B-cell approaches to identify antibody panels is required.
• Extensive experience with antibody binding assays and analysis, especially ELISA, biosensor, and multi-color flow cytometry is required.
• Experience with PCR, molecular cloning, and transfection of mammalian cells.
• Strong experience in Excel, Graphpad Prism, flow cytometry analysis software is required, Spotfire and DNA analysis applications (Vector NTI, Geneious) experience is a plus.
• Strong focus, motivation, and commitment to hands-on lab work is required.
• Excellent organization and communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work and thrive in a collaborative, cross-functional team-oriented
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled