Bristol Myers Squibb Scientist, Assays Design & Data Analytics (40) in Redwood City, California
Scientist – Assays design & Data analytics
Hiring Manager: Assays and HTP Leader
We are seeking a knowledgeable senior scientist with experience in automated assay and high-throughput protein production. The candidate will be expected to establish the assay and HTP production group to assist in antibody lead generation using state-of-the-art automated platforms.
• Establish a high functioning assay and protein production group.
• Streamline hybridoma, antibody hit identification, and functional assays.
• Leverage automation to scale routine assays.
• Establish an automated high-throughput protein production platform.
• Interface with multiple discovery projects and matrix teams across the organization.
• Excellent written and oral skills are necessary
• Accomplish goals under project team time lines
• Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, or related field with 4+ years’ experience or an advanced degree with 8+ years relevant experience.
• Extensive experience in homogeneous (HTRF), plate-bound, flow cytometry, and imaging based cellular assay formats.
• Experience in cell based immune activation assays is desirable.
• Experience in using automated systems to express and purify small-scale proteins from mammalian expression systems is required.
• Knowledge and experience in antibody structure-function and hybridoma screening is desirable.
• Excellent time management, record keeping and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary biologics discovery team.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled