Bristol Myers Squibb Research Associate, HTP Purification (43) in Redwood City, California
Research Associate, HTP Purification
We are seeking a skilled protein chemist at a Research Associate level to join the high-throughput expression and purification group. The candidate will be expected to work on a variety of projects to purify antibodies from multiple species and heterologous expression systems.
• Purify antibodies using variety of systems (protein A/G/L and ion exchange).
• Purify antibodies using automated purification platforms and liquid handlers at small-scale.
• Analyze antibodies using automated protein characterization methods (SDS-PAGE/CE-SDS, SEC-MALLS, endotoxin, etc.).
• Perform experiments with strong attention to detail and documentation.
• Excellent written and oral skills are necessary.
• Accomplish goals under project team time lines.
• BS degree with 4+ years of industry experience or MS degree in Biochemistry, Molecular and Cell Biology, or similar field with 2+ years of industry experience.
• Experience in purification and characterization of proteins using automation is required and knowledge of antibodies is preferred.
• Experience using automation (i.e. liquid handlers, etc.) and programming jobs on automation workstations is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated independence in experimental design, execution, data analysis and troubleshooting is required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled