Bristol Myers Squibb Group Leader - Molecular & Cell Biology in Redwood City, California
We are seeking a leader with significant experience in biochemistry and molecular and cell biology. The candidate will be expected to lead the protein antigen group and scientifically champion efforts to generate cell-lines, assays and protein/peptide antigens.
· Support biology and antibody generation groups in antigen design and generation and reagents for cell-based functional assays.
· Provide technical leadership in cell-line generation, protein/peptide design, expression, and purification.
· Apply technical expertise in molecular and cell biology to design and generate transient and stable cell-lines; expertise in biochemistry to design and generate reagents for cell-based functional assays; working knowledge of protein chemistry to assist in design and generation of protein/peptide antigens.
· Identify and implement methodologies to enhance cell-line, antigen, and assay functionalities.
· Accomplish goals under project team time lines.
· Ph.D. and postdoctoral work in Biochemistry, Molecular & Cell Biology or similar field. 6+ years of industry or academic
· Experience in leading a small team to generate cell-lines for immunizations and functional assays.
· Experience in generation of protein antigens is highly desired but not required.
· Evaluate business requirements and provide recommendations for the adoption of innovative technologies to meet broader organizational needs.
· Demonstrated ability to work and lead in a multidisciplinary biologics discovery team.
· Excellent written, oral, management and organizational skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled