Bristol Myers Squibb Associate Scientist, HTP Molecular Biology & Expression (42) in Redwood City, California
Associate Scientist - HTP Molecular Biology & Expression
We are seeking a skilled molecular biologist to join the high-throughput expression purification group to design, generate, and utilize expression constructs for protein expression in eukaryotic and prokaryotic expression systems.
• General molecular biology involving isolation, manipulation, and characterization of DNA, RNA and proteins.
• Design of mammalian cell expression vectors for recombinant proteins.
• Mammalian cell culture and transfection using viral and lipid transfection systems.
• Small-scale protein production using automation.
• Perform experiments with strong attention to detail and documentation.
• Excellent written and oral skills are necessary.
• Accomplish goals under project team time lines.
• BS degree with 5+ years of relevant experience or MS degree with 2+ years of relevant experience and degree in Biochemistry, Molecular and Cell Biology, or similar field.
• Demonstrated experience in design and construction of cell expression plasmid constructs, site-directed mutagenesis, and recombinant protein vector design.
• Experience in expression of antibodies from small to medium scale is highly desirable.
• Experience using automation (i.e. liquid handlers, etc.) and programming jobs on automation workstations is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated independence in experimental design, execution, data analysis and troubleshooting is required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with teams is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled