Bristol Myers Squibb Associate Research Scientist 1 in Redwood City, California
The Pharmacology group at Bristol-Myers Squibb in Redwood City, CA is seeking a highly motivated, interactive, and productive associate research scientist to conduct cell culture and in vitro assays. The position will perform cell culture of both adherent and suspension cell lines used in our mouse tumor models. You will perform flow cytometry, immunological assays, drug formulation, hematology and other in vitro assays as required. The position requires the individual to be highly collaborative, working closely with and supporting an array of project teams and researchers within the Discovery Research organization. We value what you do and how you do it.
• Cell culture of adherent and suspension cell lines for in vivo and in vitro use
• Drug formulation
• Flow cytometry to ensure ectopic expression
• ELISA, CBA and similar assays
• Collect and analyze hematology data
• Communication of work, plans and progress using written and verbal communication in small and group settings
• Bachelor’s degree
• Demonstrated sterile technique for cell culture
• Experience with flow cytometry desired
• Experience with cellular, biochemical or immunological in vitro assays desired
• Ability to learn, collaborate and work in a team environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.