Bristol Myers Squibb Medical Scientist – Medical Oncology, Multiple Myeloma in PRINCETON PIKE, New Jersey
Medical Scientist – Medical Oncology, Multiple Myeloma
The BMS Medical organization strives to be recognized throughout the world as the most accomplished and respected BioPharma Medical organization. In BMS Medical, you will have the ability to impact the lives of patients by developing and ensuring the safe and appropriate use of our medicines. Medical increasingly plays a valuable and unique role in unlocking the full potential of our scientific and medical innovation bridging clinical development with clinical practice and while gaining broader knowledge of the healthcare industry.
The Medical Scientist is a key member of the Multiple Myeloma Medical Team, accountable for ensuring effective planning, development and implementation of medical strategy for the lifecycle of our products. The Myeloma team, based in headquarters at the Princeton Pike campus, has global responsibilities providing scientific/medical leadership and support for compounds in various stages of clinical development, as well as approved products in Multiple Myeloma. He/she will be involved in the integrated strategic planning and includes strong partnerships in Translational Medicine, Commercial, Global Clinical Research, and HEOR. As a member of the Myeloma Medical team, the individual will represent Medical Affairs in strategic and tactical discussions regarding lifecycle management, treatment landscape, and development strategies. With the recent approvals of many new products in Myeloma, there will be an emphasis on working in a cross-functional environment to improve our current patient selection strategy for approved products and helping to develop strategies for future therapies.
Critical Responsibilities include:
· Works closely with Oncology Medical Leads, Medical Scientists and the Launch Management Team to drive excellence in medical strategy, planning and execution
· Partners with Commercial to develop strategic Medical plans for the lifecycle of the product, from initiation of regional pre-launch activities to several years post-launch.
· Coordinates with Marketing to communicate results from clinical trials, treatment guidelines and other related clinical data
· Routinely engages with thought leaders, professional associations, and advocacy groups including travel where appropriate.
· Maintains strong working knowledge of the treatment landscape, including competitors’ plans with ability to integrate into the overall Medical plan for the product/disease.
· Collaborates with Medical Information/Communications in support of knowledge generation for the product franchise.
· Plays a critical role in data generation to support the commercialization of BMS oncology therapeutics and is the integrative content expert in medical practice.
· Utilizes an understanding of cancer biology, immuno-therapy, and treatment pathways to support the development of research strategies and applies integrated knowledge and subject matter expertise during the critical review of investigator-sponsored research
· Support BMS-sponsored clinical research activities including non-registrational data generation: responsible for medical-affairs sponsored post-marketing clinical studies and activities such as providing feedback for study concept and protocol development, and ultimately ensuring study execution, interpretation of results, importance to lifecycle management, etc.
· Working with other functional lines helping to develop a communication strategy for BMS pipeline assets for internal/external use.
· Works with closely with pan-Heme team in the development and execution of advisory board meetings and congress planning.
· Represent Myeloma Medical in external presentations: patient forums, advocacy, and pipeline presentations for community oncologists and/or academic research institutions.
· Routinely communicates home office activities to field medical teams providing appropriate data updates and training.
· Partners with Field Medical and Immuno-Oncology Clinical Liaison Teams as needed to provide home office support for investigator/site-related issues.
· Some travel (10-20%)
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to work across functional lines to execute projects
· Embrace new challenges
· Innovative mindset
· Experience in oncology is essential
· Experience in any of the following is highly desirable: translational research, clinical development, medical affairs, field medical, oncology clinic, patient care
· Experience in hematology/myeloma a plus
· Previous experience in pharmaceutical industry preferred
· MS + 5 years’ experience or PhD/PharmD/MD with 2+ years’ experience.
We’re creating innovative medicines for patients fighting serious diseases. We’re also nurturing our own diverse team with inspiring work and challenging career options. No matter the role, each one of us makes a contribution. And that makes all the difference.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.