Bristol Myers Squibb Planning and Execution Lead in Princeton, New Jersey
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
This position manages the Biometric processes of drug development projects including key aspects such as clinical trials reporting and regulatory filing activities. This position is responsible for the strategic planning and execution of GBS deliverables on one or more development projects, including program planning, project management, oversight and coordination of internal GBS resources and vendor activities, metrics tracking and compliance with regulatory requirements/guidelines and corporate/departmental policies, procedures and standards. This role has significant interfaces within GBS, with external vendors, and the cross-functional Development Team. This role reports either to the Head of Planning and Vendor Management or a D7.2 PE lead.
· Provides leadership for ensuring quality in the planning and execution of the GBS project team’s work
· Utilizes project management competencies to support the GBS project team including:
o Drives the development and maintenance of the Development Team’s Book of Work
o Develops, gains alignment and implements project plans (e.g. activities, deliverables, timelines, resources, work assignments) that are aligned with the Development Team’s approved objectives and timelines with input from GBS Lead and functional managers.
o Tracks progress against plans, collects metrics data, and proactively identifies operational risks/issues and remediation
o Represents GBS project team at Study Steering Committee meetings and project planning/tracking meetings
· Manages relationships and interactions with GBS vendors at the project level including:
o Develops, reviews and gains approval of outsource contract documents (e.g., request for proposals, work orders, change orders)
o Monitors vendor performance and proactively identifies issues and risks with their work. When necessary, escalates issues and risks to the Planning and Business Operations group for action.
o Coordinates the review and acceptance of vendor deliverables and approves vendor invoices for payment
o Provides feedback on vendor performance and contributes to “Lessons Learned” for community of PE Leads contributing to an environment of continuous improvement
· Provides timely coaching to team members and performance feedback to functional managers
· Ensures project team is compliant with regulatory requirements and guidance, corporate and departmental procedures and standards. Identifies potential compliance issues within GBS project team (e.g. knowledge gaps) and partners with functional management to remediate
· Serves as Co-Lead for the Data Team; participates in CDT
· Educates self and others about the clinical aspects of the asset and the core operational issues.
· Acts as a key project team interface back into the GBS PBO organization (metrics, resources, vendor relationships)
· Supports, contributes to, and potentially leads continuous improvement initiatives.
· May potentially manage and develop other PE leads as direct reports.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled