Bristol Myers Squibb Manager, Business Development Oncology Search & Evaluation in Princeton, New Jersey
The Oncology S&E candidate will possess scientific expertise in the life sciences and biopharmaceutical industry experience, preferably in oncology. A solid knowledge of the drug discovery, development and the regulatory process is required, as the candidate will be responsible for knowledge management, search activities, and initial technical evaluation of potential transactions for licensing, M&A and other strategic partnerships. The candidate will be required to lead strategically at all times in the external sourcing of potential new assets for BMS, and also in the internal coordination and project management of early evaluation and diligence with internal subject matter experts. Within BMS, the candidate is required to work with key internal stakeholders to facilitate business development projects. Working primarily with S&E oncology leads and S&E Head, but also with R&D, commercial, transactions, operations and alliance management colleagues, the candidate will support the delivery of thorough and efficient technical assessments and evaluations to the relevant BMS governance bodies.
• Supports the search, evaluation and diligence efforts for all M&A and licensing activities to ensure breakthrough business development opportunities for BMS, a leader in Biopharmaceuticals.
• Primary responsibility for knowledge management systems for all BD projects and opportunities, including managing BD email portal, entering into/extracting data from BDepot database.
• Actively participate in the assessment of new opportunities in oncology, including organizing and coordinating triaging process workflows.
• Coordinate and conduct landscape analysis for priority targets and classes of medicines.
• Work with S&E Head on Oncology S&E team activities - e.g. team meetings, summary deliverables for governance bodies.
• In collaboration with Therapeutic Area leads responsible for coordinating meetings, preparing agendas, and minutes for various BD related teams as needed (e.g.: BD Forums, EDRC)
• Assist in coordinating BD external partnering events (JPM, BIO, BIO EU, BMS Partnering Days etc.), including materials such as presentations, brochures, FAQ and related documents)
• Coordinate with TA leads and BD operations team to ensure project information is updated for BD governance meetings
• Diligence Team Support:
o Diligence planning and meeting scheduling
o Meeting agendas / materials / minutes
o Ensure team access to external company e-room
o Manage team SharePoint
o Support development of diligence team deliverables
• MBA, MD, PhD or JD or other advanced degree required
• At least 3 years (not including post-doc or equivalent) of relevant business experience in the biopharmaceutical industry or related biotech/healthcare practice.
• The candidate will possess in depth medical knowledge with knowledge of the medical practice, drug discovery and development, and regulatory environments.
• Strong project management, organizational, and communication skills.
• Proven ability to support multiple projects efficiently and with some degree of independence to accomplish challenging goals and objectives.
• Consistently delivers on commitments in a timely manner
• Experience working with both internal and external multidisciplinary teams customers.
• Can-do attitude and ability to work in a highly matrixed and dynamic business environment including ability to interact and communicate to senior level executives
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.