Bristol Myers Squibb Exploratory Clinical Technologies lead, Translational Sciences / Biomarker Technologies in Princeton, New Jersey
We are actively seeking a passionate and talented Senior Research Investigator to join the Translational Sciences organization at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Lawrenceville, NJ site). As an Exploratory Clinical Technologies lead, individuals in this role will be dedicated to providing clinical impact to our technology evaluations by investigating clinical questions that can only be answered with advanced technologies.
Individuals in this role will be responsible to lead a highly collaborative matrixed team of researchers from various disciplines within the Translational Medicine and Drug Discovery teams to coordinate and drive exploratory clinical research activities forward to provide critical biomarker data. The translational research activities will focus on immuno-oncology programs. A successful candidate will demonstrate an innovative research-oriented mindset and enthusiasm for driving scientific discovery in a challenging and fast paced research environment. Emphasis will be placed on the ability to work and lead in a matrixed team to drive the development and implementation of advanced technologies to answer impactful clinical research questions. The successful candidate will be expected to have strong communication skills in order provide scientific progress updates, convey experimental results, and exchange biomarker strategies to aid in the development of clinical biomarkers to support the translational research efforts at BMS.
· PhD, MD, or equivalent advanced degree in Biological Sciences or an Immunology-related field with at least 2 years of post-graduate training
· Scientific expertise in immuno-oncology (I-O), human immunology, and/or cancer biology with familiarity of immunohistochemistry (IHC), immunoassays, proteomics, and/or clinical genetics and genomics
· At least 1 year of experience in a pharmaceutical research environment is a plus.
· Experienced scientist with understanding of the drug development process and working in a matrixed organization
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and strong interpersonal skills are necessary to effectively work as part of a larger matrix team across multiple organizations
· The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and collaborative scientist with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and show the ability to prioritize.
· Demonstrated ability to align stakeholders in a highly dynamic matrix organization.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.