Bristol Myers Squibb EXECUTIVE ASSOCIATE in Princeton, New Jersey
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
The Executive Associate position provides executive administrative support to the Headquarters Medical Oncology Head. Performs highly diverse administrative and project focused duties, which by nature of the position may involve high level contacts and exposure to confidential material necessitating the use of tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment. The candidate must have proven skills in prioritizing and multi-tasking, as well as the ability to remain poised and focused in a fast-paced working environment.
Key Responsibilities and Major Duties
• Perform highly diverse and complex administrative functions, including but not limited to proactive calendar management, domestic and international travel arrangements, preparing expense reports.
• Anticipates needs of manager and/or team, and take appropriate steps to produce desired outcome with minimal assistance from supervisor with accuracy and efficiency to meet all deadlines.
• Interface in a professional manner with senior executives and matrix team members, handle confidential information with discretion and demonstrate diplomacy and excellent judgment in dealing with sensitive situations.
• Anticipate key issues and implement action plans based on changing priorities and commitments.
• Prioritizes activities and takes action based on an understanding of departmental objectives and business needs.
• Maintain and organize office operations and procedures such as filing system, expense reports as appropriate, purchase orders, office supply orders, and other administration services.
• Adhere to T&E policies, including booking international and domestic travel, monthly reconciliation of business expenses for executive(s) and staff.
• Prioritize and complete support requests in a timely manner (i.e. issues with IT, systems, facilities, etc.)
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by remaining current with BMS continuous learning modules.
• High School degree, some college or degree desirable.
• 5-8 years administrative or comparable experience, prior BMS and Executive Associate experience preferred.
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint). Knowledge of BMS Systems, Policies, and Processes
• Experience with Concur Travel and T&E, Ariba/SAP, Sharepoint, eSetup, Workday, and Room Scheduler.
• Demonstrates ability to prioritize, pro-actively work independently and collaboratively with other administrative assistants/external partners, across organizational levels, functions, and supports business needs across different time-zones and during periods of heavy workload.
• Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to competing priorities while remaining focused.
• Successful candidate must be able to learn new tools and systems in an ever-evolving environment
• Exhibits a positive work attitude, high productivity and a collaborative approach with other employees across a matrix and international environment.
• The expectation of all administrative assistants within the Oncology Development Center is that of true collaboration and partnership to ensure business needs/goals are met. Also required to provide back-up support as-needed to cover planned (e.g., vacations) as well as unplanned (e.g., emergencies, etc.) absences.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled