Bristol Myers Squibb Executive Associate II, R&D Strategy and Planning in Princeton, New Jersey
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
This position will report to and support the Vice President of R&D Strategy and Planning. We are looking for a dynamic, performance driven, well organized and flexible individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment. This individual must be able to work independently as well as understand how to work professionally with matrix teams. Confidentiality is crucial to this position.
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
• Phone and calendar management as well as timely scheduling ensuring meetings
are prioritized and occur within appropriate timelines
• Plan domestic and international travel, including visa preparation as necessary
• Maintain and organize office operations including preparing and filing expense reports (adhering to T&E policies), and other administration services
• Responsible for the organization and planning of complex and sometimes remote meetings across multiple time zones
• Prioritize activities and take prompt action based on an understanding of departmental objectives and business needs
• Ensure manager’s preparedness for meetings as requested (e.g., assemble meeting materials & pre-reads)
• Prioritize and complete support requests in a timely manner (i.e. issues with IT, systems, facilities, etc.)
• Independently research more complex inquiries and respond to or escalate inquiry, recommending solutions as appropriate
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by remaining current with BMS continuous learning modules
• Incumbent will coordinate specialized administrative function for all RDSP employees, working with the administrative team in the whole of RDSP to ensure a seamless support model for the Division
• High School degree, some college or degree desirable
• 8 years administrative or comparable experience; prior BMS and Executive
Associate Experience preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
Knowledge of BMS Systems and Processes strongly preferred
• Concur Travel and T&E, Ariba/SAP, Sharepoint, eSetup, eTime, Workday,
Room Scheduler experience strongly desired
• Demonstrates ability to prioritize, pro-actively work independently and
collaboratively with other administrative assistants/external partners, across
organizational levels, functions, and supports business needs across different
time-zones and during periods of heavy workload
• Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to competing priorities while remaining focused
• Successful candidate must be able to learn new tools and systems in an ever-evolving environment
• Exhibits a positive work attitude, and high productivity
• Proven track record of collaboration with other administrative assistants in order to ensure business needs/goals are met
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.