Bristol Myers Squibb Cardiovascular Medical Scientist in Princeton, New Jersey
About Bristol-Myers Squibb : Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
The primary responsibility of this position is to develop and execute the strategy for Eliquis clinical research in the US and serve as a medical lead for Investigator Sponsored Research (ISR) studies.
· The incumbent will work closely with WW Medical, Clinical Development and Clinical Operations to develop and execute ISR strategy in the US, and ensure it is appropriately aligned to the WW LCM and Clinical Development plan.
· Understands and monitors the anticoagulant market landscape. Critically evaluates key insights from external environment and incorporates those into ISR development strategy. Partners with internal teams and Alliance partner to align and execute.
· Establishes process for and oversees review of new ISRs.
· Serves as study medical lead, monitoring study execution and timely delivery. Engages with investigators to understand timelines and risks, ensures implementation of appropriate publication strategy.
· Effectively interfaces with and anticipates the needs of field medical team, including training and content. Communicates proactively changes in LCM strategy, study timelines and other key information, as needed.
· Works collaboratively with wide range of internal stakeholders and Alliance partners (including HEOR, field medical, medical information, commercial, and/or development).
· Participates in the development, review and execution of the US medical plan and partners on other medical strategy initiatives, as needed.
· MD/PharmD/PhD or equivalent degree with experience in cardiovascular disease and/or thromboembolic disease.
· At least 5 years of clinical experience in cardiovascular or thromboembolic disease or industry experience in research and development or medical affairs is preferred.
· Clinical trial experience and experience partnering with academic institutions and/or overseeing independent clinical research is strongly preferred
· Experience working within an Alliance or Joint Venture would be extremely desirable.
· Critical thinking skills related to data are a must.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Proven leadership in managing complex interactions and gaining alignment of stakeholders.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.