Bristol Myers Squibb Associate Director, Global Labeling Lead in PRINCETON LVL, New Jersey
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
With limited supervision, this position is responsible for co-leading the process of contentdevelopment and maintenance for the Company Core Data Sheet (CCDS), US PackageInsert (USPI), and EU Summary of Product Characteristics (EU-SmPC). This position alsosupports other local markets in labeling content development and maintenance and inresponding to health authority labeling comments
Key Responsibilities and Major Duties:
- Follow Corporate policies and directives and department policies and procedures to
complete requirements for creation and maintenance of global labeling documents.
Provide expertise on label content requirements, standards and processes.
Co-lead with the Regulatory Lead a cross-functional labeling team:
Plan meetings to discuss and develop label content, including defining agenda,
moderating,leading the team through draft text, and taking minutes.
- Ensure appropriate communications and supportive review materials, including
competitive label information, are provided for meeting background and formal approval
- Assign authors based on expertise, prepare drafts with content from authors and
distribute,ensuring timelines and deliverables are met.
- Ensure alignment/discussion on labeling content takes place with appropriate GRS and
- Ensure authors understand their role in ensuring availability of suitable scientific
references for each relevant labeling statement.
- Coordinate the internal labeling approval process as specified by standard operating
- Provide input into regulatory strategy and translate regulatory strategies into project
objectives throughout the life-cycle for each product.
- Create labeling strategy based on understanding of business objectives, data, and
- Participate on global and regional regulatory and project development teams to identify,
evaluate,and provide operational guidance on labeling issues for new chemical entities,
lifecycle management projects, and mature brands.
- Contribute to the formulation of labeling procedures and policies that serve the drug
development and business goals of the organization.
- Provide operational and strategic support to local market in responding to HA labeling
- Fulfill commitments, manage, and prioritize multiple complex projects driving the
regulatory process to achieve timely filings and requests additional resources when required.
- Focus available resources for maximum productivity and impact on product and/or priority
Work with people and lead diverse and multifunctional, multidisciplinary teams.
Participate in health authority discussions as requested by the Global Regulatory Team
- Proactively share information with peers and/or subordinate(s) to foster discussion and
- Create and critically assess development plans, effectively communicate strategy and
persuade others to accomplish challenging goals and objectives.
Ensure 100% integrity of labeling.
- Negotiate balance between safety/efficacy/regulatory/promotional aspects of labeling to
address its multiple purposes.
Distill and disseminate regulations in a timely and effective manner.
Proactively identify and address implications and opportunities of new requirements.
Act quickly and decisively in order to meet crucial deadlines without compromising quality
- Strongly support liaison, safety, and other regulatory functions from a labeling
Advanced degree, PharmD or PhD preferred.- 5-8 years regulatory/labeling experience.- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage people and teams in a complex andculturally diverse, global, dynamic environment to deliver value-added results to theorganization.- An in-depth knowledge of BMS policies and procedures and the ability to demonstrateapplication of BMS’s operating philosophy and operate within company policiesand procedures.- Experience with the drug development process and regulatory knowledge and experience.- Has a general understanding of pharmacotherapeutics across therapeutic areas.- Understanding of operational aspects of labeling projects.- Knowledge of BMS and certain external organizations.- Thorough understanding of regulatory labeling requirements and industry practice, withprimary focus on requirements for CCDS, USPIs, and SmPC.
We’re creating innovative medicines for patients fighting serious diseases. We’re also nurturing our own diverse team with inspiring work and challenging career options. No matter the role, each one of us makes a contribution. And that makes all the difference.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled