Bristol Myers Squibb Research Investigator in Pennington, New Jersey
As a Research Investigator within Mechanistic Pharmacology in Leads Discovery and Optimization at Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, the successful candidate will be trained and skilled in receptor pharmacology. The candidate will use this experience to drive the design, execution, and interpretation of receptor binding and signaling assays designed to answer important mechanistic and kinetic questions in support of our drug discovery programs. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, self-starter with in-depth knowledge and a demonstrated publication record in relation to emerging concepts in receptor signaling, such as signaling bias and endosomal signaling. A working knowledge of cutting-edge techniques such as BRET would be a significant advantage. As a new member of the organization, the person will be expected to collaborate closely with existing team members as well as actively collaborate with chemists and biologists within relevant therapeutic areas. Therefore, strong oral and written communication skills are a must.
· PhD, plus relevant postdoctoral work and 3+ years’ experience in receptor pharmacology research
· Design and execution of de novo assays for multiple classes of receptors
· Experience in cell culture techniques
· Understanding of and experience in performing receptor binding kinetic studies
· Familiarity with common assay platforms to study both proximal and distal receptor signaling
· Ability to effectively organize, analyze and depict pharmacological data using common pharmacological software packages
· Ability to learn quickly and work closely with others in a team environment
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.