Bristol Myers Squibb Research Investigator II in New Brunswick, New Jersey
• Evaluate, propose, and apply new scientific methodology to enhance scientific excellence and/or productivity in Drug Safety Evaluation. Work collaboratively across disciplines to identify, characterize, and resolve target/compound based toxicities.
• Gain broad-based exposure to the various functional areas within DSE with an opportunity to perform independent research as appropriate.
• Collaborate with the Discovery organization to help evaluate toxicity of drug candidates.
• Develop experience as a Study Director and Project Toxicologist with the eventual goal of developing into a Toxicology Program Manager.
• Actively participate in scientific discussions for compounds across the portfolio.
• Ensure compliance with Good Laboratory Practice, Standard Operating Procedures, and study protocols in conducting nonclinical studies, when applicable. Ensure compliance with all company/departmental policies, particularly those relating to animal welfare and safety.
• Embrace/demonstrate BMS Core Behaviors to create an atmosphere of scientific excellence, open communication, and creativity in order to maximize productivity.
Minimal knowledge base/skill set requirements:
• PhD (or equivalent) in toxicology or related discipline with ≤ 3 years appropriate post-degree experience or equivalent scientific background. Position level will be commensurate with experience/qualifications.
• Knowledge of biochemical and mechanistic toxicology, pharmacology, biology of disease, experimental pathology. Experience designing and interpreting in vitro and in vivo studies exploring mechanisms of toxicology involving biochemical, functional, molecular, and/or structural endpoints.
• Effective written and oral communication skills, especially as they pertain to writing clear, and accurate documents and presenting data.
• Individual must be able to manage multiple research activities, provide and accept input on data interpretation, foster a spirit of team effort, and be able to work well with others.
• Ability to interpret and apply available toxicity data to assess relative risk or hazard to humans is a plus.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.