Bristol Myers Squibb •OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSE PRACTITIONER in New Brunswick, New Jersey
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSE PRACTITIONER
Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner will provide advance practice nursing services including preplacement, key executive, travel and medical surveillance examinations, occupational injury/illness care, and acute care for episodic non-occupational injuries/illnesses. The APN will participate in day to day nursing functions which includes, but not limited to, phlebotomy, performing EKGs, audiometric screenings, and spirometry testing.
This position is responsible for assisting in the provision of a comprehensive occupational health program for the BMS New Brunswick site. In this position the Nurse Practitioner will closely collaborate with an on-site physician, nurse manager, and administrative team. This program complies with BMS Corporate Policies and Directives as well as federal and state occupational health and safety regulations and laws.
The position will be located in the medical clinic at the BMS New Brunswick site. The position will report directly to the nurse manager of the New Brunswick Medical Dept.
• Implement objectives for the New Brunswick Occupational Health Services that are aligned with the company corporate and Health and Fitness goals and objectives.
• Collaborate with the nurse manager and Director of US Operation on case management, employment issues and policy making, including restrictions and job accommodations.
• Collaborate with management, EHS, and other teams to develop occupational health and safety policies for New Brunswick, including risk assessments for safety sensitive positions with development of appropriate medical surveillance programs.
• Provide clinical services to the employees at New Brunswick. This includes examination, diagnosis and treatment where appropriate, including prescriptions when indicated.
• Assist nurse manager with BMS disability and worker’s compensation insurance providers to case manage all occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses and short and long term disability claims.
• Promote company-wide and site-based health and wellness programs in collaboration with other Health and Fitness team members.
• Licensed as RN with APN-C in New Jersey
• Master’s in Nursing degree
• At least 5 years of experience in occupational health setting preferred
• Good interpersonal/communication skills
• Computer skill proficiency, including experience using electronic medical records
• Certification in CPR/AED
• Must be willing to become certified in spirometry and audiometric screening within timeframe of course offerings.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.