Bristol Myers Squibb STM/CTA manager in Madrid, Spain
• Line Management of cross functional Clinical Operations team (approx. 15-20 direct reports)
• Advanced knowledge of clinical research operations and systems.• An in-depth understanding of the clinical research process including regulations (local and international), Good Clinical Practices (GCPs), International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) Guidelines and BMS SOPs.
• Exceptional organizational and planning skills and independent decision-making ability.
• Anticipation of resources needs and allocation of resources in alignment with R&D priorities and objectives to ensure timely and accurate execution of clinical trials.
• Build a strong cross functional network of stakeholders to ensure you can successfully support your team when they face study challenges.
• Resources assignment in alignment with project prioritization, based on skills and abilities within the team.
• Supervision and coordination of the work assignments and performance of their team.
• Based upon an objective evaluation of performance, rewarding and reinforcing high performance through both monetary and creative recognition and celebration.
• Development of strategy and building and maintaining a high performance team.
• Development and review of metrics for operational performance of department.
• Provision of workload evaluations to upper management with resource assessments and task assignments for projects.
• Building a high performing team by recruiting and selecting high potential candidates through a disciplined selection process.
• Tracking and managing performance behaviours and standards, including ensuring inspection readiness.
• Conduct of performance assessment procedures, e.g. objective setting and performance evaluations.
• Conduct of performance assessment procedures, e.g. objective setting and performance evaluations. Ensuring functional excellence and career development of their team; developing personal training plans, facilitating orientation, training, and mentoring programs; providing coaching, counselling, feedback, and identification of developmental opportunities.
• Performing general and human resource administrative functions.
• Creating and implementing succession plan for own role and key talent.
• Participation in calibration and talent review meetings as necessary.
• Planning and leading staff meetings (identifying topics for presentation, arrange speakers; coordinate the location and other amenities, etc.)
• Effective communicating of information to the department.
• Effective communication with and influencing relevant stakeholders in and outside the organization.
• Participation in or leading global and/or inter-disciplinary work groups, task forces, teams, initiatives, etc.
• Serving as a resource and mentor to others including newly appointed peers.
• Advocating and implementing best practices and continuous improvement.
We’re creating innovative medicines for patients fighting serious diseases. We’re also nurturing our own diverse team with inspiring work and challenging career options. No matter the role, each one of us makes a contribution. And that makes all the difference.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.