Bristol Myers Squibb Sr. Research Investigator - Fibrosis Discovery Biology in Hopewell, New Jersey
· Utilize human and animal model data with the aim of identifying and/or validating new pathways and potential drug targets.
· Investigate and develop novel in vitro cell based assays utilizing the latest technologies to shorten the time required for drug target validation and to provide support to the Fibrosis Discovery pipeline.
· Maintain knowledge of the current literature, propose novel concepts and targets.
· Ability to lead an exploratory drug discovery program.
· Publish in scientific journals and present in scientific meetings
MAJOR SKILLS REQUIRED:
· PhD in Biology
· Expertise in fibrosis related conditions such as NASH/liver fibrosis or idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
· Experienced in the handling and use of primary cell cultures and development of complex cell systems.
· Knowledge of the drug discovery process. Ability to identify potential new targets in the fibrosis area based on analysis of internal data, literature and or combination of both. Experience leading an exploratory drug discovery program a plus.
· Evidence of working within a competitive environment, being a team player and a commitment to scientific excellence.
A track record of publications and presentations at scientific conferences.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.