Bristol Myers Squibb Research Investigator in Hopewell, New Jersey
The Leads Discovery & Optimization Group (LDO) leverages technology, innovation, and broad scientific knowledge to deliver comprehensive in vitro data packages to support all phases of drug discovery at BMS. We are seeking a Research Investigator with hands-on experience in label-free, mass spectrometry-based high-throughput screening to support small molecules leads identification and optimization.
As a Research Investigator in Lead Discovery group within LDO, this individual’s primary responsibility will be to develop, validate, and execute high-throughput screens using mass spectrometry-based detection, including both functional enzyme assays and protein binding assays. The successful candidate will be an active collaborator with the biochemistry, biophysics, cellular assays and mechanistic enzymology teams and demonstrate the ability to simultaneously support multiple programs across therapy areas. Hands-on experience with LC-MS/MS of proteins and peptides and experience in proteomics using mass spectrometry are a plus.
Develop and execute mass spectrometry-based high-throughput screening assays with minimum supervision
Acquire, analyze, and interpret data as well as provide project updates in working groups
Demonstrate knowledge in data capture and analysis, applied statistical analysis, quality control, and quality assurance measures
Knowledge and good understanding of basic enzymology
Perform LC-MS systems routine maintenance and troubleshooting
Work with Lead Discovery leadership to identify, evaluate, and implement new technologies to expand LDO LC-MS capability/capacity
Knowledge of general bioassay optical detection methods as well as biophysical technologies (including fluorescence, HTRF, ELISA, absorbance, luminescence, SPR, TSA, MST, ITC, etc.)
• Ph.D. in mass spectrometry, biochemistry, analytical chemistry, or related discipline with 2+ years’ experience; applicants with a Master's Degree may be considered if they have a minimum of 5 years of specific & relevant industry experience commensurate with a PhD.
• Experience in developing and implementing mass spectrometry-based high-throughput screening assays, including troubleshooting of hardware, software and biology
• Experience in affinity selection mass spectrometry, MALDI, and RapidFire MS is desirable
• Mass spectrometry-based proteomics experience is a plus
• Hands-on experience with AB Sciex Triple quadrupole, Q-TOF MS and Bruker MALDI-TOF MS systems
• Expertise using common data analysis software packages (PRISM, Spotfire, etc.) for analysis, presentation, and curation of data
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.