Bristol Myers Squibb IT Business Partner, Global Submissions in Hopewell, New Jersey
IT Business Partner will be accountable for aligning with senior leaders in the regulatory authoring and publishing business units to gather and translate business needs into strategic technology roadmaps, build compelling business cases and drives successful delivery of the highest value outcomes by working with the BMS delivery matrix. This role will be a critical part of ensuring the submission processes are enabled with the appropriate technology to allow for the maximum efficiency and ensure our life saving drugs are available to patients as quickly as possible.
· Ownership of the IT Business relationship with the Global Scientific and Regulatory Documentation Organization and extended authoring community.
· Drive the development of realistic and actionable multi-year strategic business capability roadmap for the authoring and publishing business capabilities, informed and prioritized by business and IT in an enterprise context. Prioritizes the authoring portfolio appropriately and is accountable for the overall authoring portfolio budget management.
· Lead the prioritization and development of strong and clear business cases for digital capability investments in support of the roadmap and aligned with the platform strategy. Define, measure, & achieve business outcomes for highest value (at the lowest cost) digital capabilities.
· Actively maintains awareness of external drivers in the regulatory submissions domain and relevant technology trends, and brings new ideas.
· Understands where BMS should be competitively differentiated through technology, translates business needs into specific business requirements, sees realistic opportunities for IT to add more value, and balances this with a pragmatic understanding of “fitness for purpose”.
· Ensures effective planning, execution and communication of business change management to support digital capability investments, including business process changes to achieve maximum value from investments. Accountable for ensuring an effective change management plan is in place for their individual projects.
· Builds effective working relationships with all relevant submissions business leaders, become deeply involved with key business activities and forums, is responsible for building and managing effective business partnership at all levels during project execution, and takes full accountability for delivering the value proposition of IT.
· Influence the strategic thinking of senior business leaders, and helps business leaders to include future digital capabilities into their planning.
· Ensures build & run teams understand how to make the right trade-offs between speed, quality and cost. Connects the business stakeholders with the broader IT services. Ensures value is being captured from the entire lifecycle of the investment (from launch through retirement).
· Communicate successes and issues accurately, urgently, and to the right audience, and takes accountability for ensuring effective management of expectations with business leaders.
· Understands IT business partner accountabilities throughout the plan/build/run cycle, and builds empowered and trusting partnerships with IT build & run team members at all levels.
Competencies - Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
· Ability to build strong partnerships with all levels of the organization including senior leadership to drive organizational change.
· Strong domain experience in: Regulatory Submissions and Electronic Document Management.
· Excellent leadership, communication and change management skills.
· Comfortable working autonomously as well as part of a team.
· Sound decision making skills
· Program/Portfolio Management skills
· Ability to create and present compelling business cases showing true business value.
· Matrix team management skills
· Anticipates possible outcomes and plans accordingly to proactively manage risks.
· Familiarity with Project Management principles and toolsets.
· Working knowledge of GxP regulations and delivery of IM projects in a GxP environment.
· Ability to achieve successful consensus among differing priorities and stakeholders in both the IT and business communities.
· Effective in cross-functional, multi-site, matrix management and team building.
· Willingness and ability to quickly learn new tools, processes and domain areas.
· Comfortable asking questions to gain clarity both in individual and group environments.
· Unafraid to be innovative and willingness to question the status quo by offering a new perspective/ideas.
· BS in Science, Engineering, Information Technology, related field or commensurate experience. Master’s Degree or higher level education preferred.
· 10+ years of relevant business experience, 7 years in a Pharmaceutical, Biopharmaceutical or related environment.
· Experience conducting business analysis, requirements specifications and release planning for GxP intiatives.
· Demonstrated ability to manage effectively in a matrix environment to produce consistent results.
Participated and/or lead continuous improvement efforts and/or new/refined business process development initiatives.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled