Bristol Myers Squibb Digital Capability Management, Compound Management in Hopewell, New Jersey
The Leads Discovery & Optimization (LDO) supports drug discovery at BMS through a broad set of functions including: Lead Discovery (HTS), Lead Evaluation, Lead Profiling, and Bioassay Optimization. All of these capabilities are supported by centralized Compound Management (CM), Core Automation, and Cellular Resource Groups. The Digital Capability Manager (DCM) will be accountable for the Build and Run of production IT capabilities supporting Compound Management, including both custom applications and COTS (including Titian’s Mosaic). This role will partner with LDO staff, LDO IT Business Partners, other internal IT service teams, outsourcing partners, and vendors to define, prioritize, plan, deliver and support strategic digital capabilities.
Owns end-to-end accountability for managing IT capabilities used by LDO, Compound Management ensuring they are reliable, accessible and secure
Manages Total Cost of Ownership (build & run) and the key drivers behind them to ensure the capabilities are cost efficient
Fulfills all approved, technology asset-specific business needs
Manages the build and run of technology assets supporting Compound Management
Influences vendor roadmaps to align with BMS strategy
Specialized-level role that requires depth and breadth of expertise in scientific applications
Interprets business and industry challenges and recommends best practices-based solutions
Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
May lead projects/teams with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
Some tier 2 and tier 3 technical support (triage, break/fix, solution design, delegation of implementation)
Qualifications Key Competencies:
• BS in a relevant IT or scientific discipline with at least 3-5 years’ experience in Pharmaceutical Industry is required.
• 5+ years’ experience in IT, roles involving business analyst, project management, data analytics, and/or informatics.
• Managing and delivering application maintenance and support for both internally developed, commercial solutions, and SaaS solutions
• Management of IT service providers and software and SaaS vendors
• IT project delivery
• Strong understanding of the systems development life cycle
• Ability to interact with users and translate needs into maintainable configurations, extensions, enhancements and customizations.
• Ability to author SDLC documentation, including requirements and system test scripts
Customer focused and team oriented, possessing good interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
Scientific background or experience working in pharmaceutical, life sciences, chemical or other lab-based industry
Ideal Candidates Would Also Have:
Experience with the Dotmatics and Titian product suites
Domain knowledge in drug discovery required, and specifically domain knowledge with respect to drug discovery lead optimization scientific operations and workflows
Domain knowledge in compound management and quantitative in vitro biology as applied to lead discovery and optimization
Experience with offshore IT service providers
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.