Bristol Myers Squibb Medical Science Manager-IO GI in FUZHOU, China
Product/Brand Reference Point
• Have expertise in and knowledge of products, patient treatment trends, Clinical trials and scientific activities within relevant Disease Area(s) and must continuously update this expertise and knowledge
•Be the first point of contact for sales force and other functions, if necessary
External Expert Manager
• Develop and maintain contacts with External Experts based on their expressed needs to further understand and gain both insight and/or input into treatment patterns, including but not limited to:
1 the scientific activities taking place within the relevant Disease Area(s) 2 the needs and treatment trends of healthcare providers
• Utilizes therapeutic expertise in contacts with External Experts, to further understand and gain insight into:
1 treatment patterns
2 the scientific activities taking place within the Disease Area(s) 3 the needs and interests of healthcare providers
4 the medical needs of patients
Contributor to Customer Focused Activity
• Involve in developing scientific presentations (e.g., abstracts or articles based on secondary data) under the guidance of the DAH/DAS/MSM Manager which presentation should be reviewed according to the appropriate internal review processes to ensure medical accuracy and ethical and legal compliance
• Propose or conduct scientifically meaningful medical programs such as Continuous Medical Educational Program, Symposia, Round Table Meeting, and Advisory Board Meeting etc.
• Identify and prepare speakers for BMS Symposia, under the guidance of DAS, DAH and/or MSM Manager
• Provide medical support for promotional activities such as In Hospital Meeting with presentation of scientific information, answering participants' questions within Disease Area or product-related information in a balanced manner
Support & Trainer
• Prepare and/or contribute as appropriate to the initial and ongoing Medical / scientific disease area and product-specific training of internal BMS customers (sales force, etc) – in collaboration with the training department, if any - enabling the sales representative to understand and convey the scientific information of a Brand appropriately in a medical accurate and compliant manner
• Liaise with the Medical Information team to provide ongoing scientific and medical support to the business, in particular by responding to queries
Contributor to Brand Plans & Strategies
• Contribute to the development of Brand Plans and Strategies by communicating his or her medical insight and knowledge derived from healthcare providers or scientific publications about the product or disease area, in particular with reference to patient needs and treatment trends
• Work with appropriate BMS personnel to help ensure that all the information regarding SAEs in the field is collected to facilitate a correct and transparent communication of SAEs internally and to the competent Health Authorities
Clinical Trial/Survey Involvement
• Provide feedback to medical data operation (MDO) on Investigator sponsored applications and assist MDO in providing feedback to investigators
• Provide input to DASs on trial and survey feasibility and site suitability, based on knowledge of the field
•For Investigator sponsored research, refers all questions regarding review status, review process or outcome to the MDO Protocol Manager
• May Support BMS sponsored research activities as listed in related Directives
Communicator of Medical Information
• Presents approved scientific data of varying levels of complexity to Healthcare providers in both group and one-to-one settings
• Provides appropriate response and documents the provision of accurate, approved scientific data in response to unsolicited scientific questions or requests posed by healthcare providers for approved Products/Brands and for products in development
• Shares medical insights reports in a timely manner with the matrix teams and other internal personnel
Daily work recording
Record Field Medical daily work in a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Tool or equivalent system timely and accurately
Leading Compliance & Integrity Culture
• Embraces BMS culture of integrity and strictly adheres to BMS policy, BMS White Book and Standards of Business Conduct & Ethics. Is Compliant with the norms of the business communication, ethics, subordination, regulations of the confidentiality
• Follow the 5 golden rules of promotion (for sales Rep). Demonstrates personal integrity, makes the right decision in daily work and raise questions regarding compliance to line manager or the Compliance Team.
• Does not follow any non-compliant instructions.
• Takes accountability to own organized events and provides adequate documentations. If organizes any event, must comply with all company policy and makes sure all activities are closed within 90 days after the event date
• Is responsible for delivering optimal performance & results, balancing speed, quality and risks while in compliance with Company’s code of business conduct and appropriate SOPs.
• Is responsible for continuous self development, dedicate him/herself and engage others to achieve the Organizational & Team goals.
• Participates in professional development activities to keep updated to best practices, proactively seeking for new information/knowledge/resources and captures additional opportunities for development, shares the relevant information with peers and manager timely.
• Promotes the Company image by building up and keeping good reputation, providing professional service to the Customers and Stakeholders and by developing efficiency of the company processes and procedures.
• Promotes Diversity & Inclusion culture, treats colleagues respectfully, is open to get and give constructive & candied feedback to any employee in the organization.
• Timely performs tasks, orders and instructions of the manager.
• Keeps him/her self informed with the internal rules and regulations, internal procedures, messages, goals and vision of the management of the organization.
• Gets from the management of the organization information and documents necessary for the fulfillment of the tasks which are in the competency of the Employee
• Reports to the manager of the department or function about all the challenges and shortcomings. Proposes new ideas to the manager or peers freely
We’re creating innovative medicines for patients fighting serious diseases. We’re also nurturing our own diverse team with inspiring work and challenging career options. No matter the role, each one of us makes a contribution. And that makes all the difference.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled