Bristol Myers Squibb Scientist in Devens, Massachusetts
The successful candidate has the following responsibilities:
• Hands-on operation of lab scale bioreactors and/or experiments for mammalian cell culture processes
• Upstream process design, optimization, tech transfer and improve productivity and product quality.
• Support process scale up activities in pilot plant and clinical manufacturing sites.
• Prepare/review technical documents including development /tech transfer reports, batch records, SOPs and CMC regulatory submissions.
• Participate on cross functional teams to progress both early and late stage drug candidates.
• Train junior team members in lab operations.
• Recommend innovative new technologies and perform the necessary experiments for evaluation and implementation.
• M.S. or Ph.D.: in Cell Biology, Cell Physiology, Biophysics, Biochemistry, Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, or equivalent with a minimum of 4+ years of industry and/or academic experience.
• In depth understanding and hands on experience in cell biology, cell physiology and upstream process development, bioreactor operation and scale-up/down, media development.
• Practical experience with downstream processing and analytical techniques relating to glycoprotein attributes is a plus.
• Knowledge of statistical experimental design and data analysis.
• Knowledge of cGMPs as applied to process development and scale up.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team matrix environment.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.