Bristol Myers Squibb Associate Engineer - Downstream in Devens, Massachusetts
The Associate Engineer – Downstream in Manufacturing Sciences & Technology supports late-stage and commercial biologics drug substance manufacturing in the areas of purification and primary recovery. The successful candidate will be a key contributor to a highly technical, diverse, and collaborative team of scientists and engineers. MS&T scientists and engineers contribute to cross-functional teams to meet highly visible business objectives. The position offers the opportunity to interface with Manufacturing, Manufacturing Support, Process Development, Quality Assurance, Analytical, and Global Regulatory Sciences groups.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Design and execution of protocols to solve process-related manufacturing investigations and drive continuous process improvements through the use of laboratory and pilot scale-downs models and the evaluation of manufacturing data in protein chromatography, viral inactivation, viral filtration, ultrafiltration/diafiltration, membrane filtration, depth filtration, and centrifugation.
• Support the technology transfer and validation of processes for clinical and large-scale manufacturing.
• Operation, cleaning, and maintenance of laboratory equipment; preparation of buffers and reagents.
• Documentation of experimental data and results, data verification, interpretation of data with respect to the laboratory protocol and the manufacturing process, and preparation of final reports to summarize the findings.
• Evaluation of new process technologies.
• Appropriate GLP/GMP procedures must be followed.
• MSc or BSc in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering or related field with 0–4 or 2–6 years, respectively, of relevant industrial and/or academic experience.
• Knowledge of protein purification, protein stability, and demonstrated experimental skills for laboratory work are required.
• Experience with AKTA purification and ultrafiltration/diafiltration operations is helpful.
• Critical qualities include a high degree of initiative, good verbal and written communication skills, strong scientific skills and attention to detail, and the ability to work in a team environment.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.