Bristol Myers Squibb Medical Science Liaison in DELHI, United States
Medical Science Liaison
Develop and maintain interactions with Thought Leaders, appropriate HCPs, and access stakeholders, within a given geography to answer scientific, unsolicited product and HEOR related questions. MSM/Ls will use various channels for interactions (1:1, group presentation; remote, etc).
Effectively present information to HCPs and be able to respond to questions, ensuring medical accuracy and compliance with local procedures, ethical and legal guidelines and directives.
Actively assess the medical landscape by meeting with Thought Leaders to understand their needs and expertise. Continuously update own knowledge in treatment strategies, products, unmet medical needs, clinical trials and scientific activities. Understand the competitive landscape and actively prepare to address informational needs of customers.
Collect and provide meaningful medical insights back to the medical and commercial organisations to be actioned in support of the strategy development.
Develop territory Field Medical plan and TL Interaction plans based on therapeutic area objectives and TLs needs.
Execute certain medical plan activities as assigned.
Adopt institution/account planning approach and contribute to cross-functional institution/account plans.
Contribute to development and delivery of scientifically meaningful medical programs/projects in line with the local Medical and Field Medical plan.
As necessary and appropriate, support the initial and ongoing medical/scientific area and product specific training and provide key scientific updates to internal stakeholders (e.g. Commercial, Regulatory, Pharmacovigilance, Legal, HEOR, Market Access).
Provide scientific support at promotional meetings by presenting unbiased scientific and clinical data, by evaluating speakers and by giving support to BMS-contracted speakers.
Support Interventional and Non Interventional Research (NIR) studies (e.g. identification and assessment of potential study sites) to support patient recruitment and/or discussions around the safe and effective use of BMS investigational products, as agreed with local medical management and as defined by the study scope document.
Provide recommendations and insights to clinical development team on study and site feasibilities within the therapeutic area based on knowledge of the field and through direct contacts with potential investigators, as agreed with local medical management.
Actively support CRO sponsored studies as agreed with local medical management and as defined by the study scope document.
Support HCPs in the ISR submission process as agreed with local medical management.
Ensure that BMS Pharmacovigilance procedural documents are understood and applied by investigators of local studies, and alert appropriate BMS personnel to any identified Adverse Events.
• Medical Doctor (Physician)
• A minimum of up to 2 years of Field Medical experience, Oncology experience - preferable
• Excellent English language skills, spoken and written
• Working in a scientific and/or clinical research environment
• Ability to work independently and act as a team player
• Translating scientific or clinical data into an understandable and valuable form to help physicians best serve their patients
• Good communication and presentation skills to present scientific and/or clinical data to research orHealthcare professionals
• Developing peer-to-peer relationships with TLs, scientists and other healthcare professionals
• Ability to quickly and comprehensively learn about new subject areas and environments
• Disease area knowledge and an understanding of scientific publications
• Knowledge of clinical trial design and process
• Knowledge of the national healthcare and access environment
• Knowledge of HEOR core concepts (Health economic and outcome research) is a plus
We’re creating innovative medicines for patients fighting serious diseases. We’re also nurturing our own diverse team with inspiring work and challenging career options. No matter the role, each one of us makes a contribution. And that makes all the difference.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled