Bristol Myers Squibb US Oncology Strategic Collaborations Lead, Societies and Associations in Lawrence Township, New Jersey
Title: US Oncology Strategic Collaborations Lead, Societies and Associations
Location: NA-US-NJ-Lawrence Township
Job Number: 1701692
About Bristol-Myers Squibb:
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
The goal of Bristol-Myers Squibb’s (BMS’) US Strategic Research Collaborations Group is to form and facilitate strategic collaborations with key oncology academic research centers of excellence, scientific societies, and professional associations in order to accelerate Oncology research.
The US Lead for Scientific Societies & Professional Associations is a member of BMS US Medical Oncology team and is responsible for leading and facilitating partnership development with US oncology scientific societies and professional associations. She/he will report to the Head, US Oncology Strategic Research Collaborations.
• Develop, implement and manage the strategic relationships with US based scientific societies (i.e. ASCO, AACR) and professional associations
• Shape strategic approach to these organizations and work cross-functionally to ensure buy-in and execution of the plans
• Maintain regular communication with scientific societies and associations to remain current on all studies and research initiatives
• Develop a framework for Thought Leader engagement and help shape the understanding of the interplay between Thought Leaders, scientific societies and professional associations
• Work extensively with BMS senior leaders across multiple departments at BMS including Oncology Development, Discovery, Translational Medicine, HQ and US Medical, Commercial, Public Affairs, Advocacy, Access and Clinical Operations (as needed) to optimize BMS interactions with the scientific societies and professional associations
• Act as a link among the US Medical team, HQ medical team, senior leadership, and the scientific societies / professional associations to ensure that the needs of the partnerships are consistently met
• Provide strategic insight and coordination with the organization for relevant meetings with scientific society and professional association group leaders
• Work with leading oncology scientists, clinicians and investigators to assess and expand partnership initiatives with the scientific societies and professional associations groups and continuously seek opportunities to optimize and simplify decision-making to support execution.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
Advanced degree in area relevant to Pharmaceutical industry/ Life Sciences preferred (ie. Pharm.D., PhD, MD, MS) with general knowledge of pharmaceutical operations, i.e., clinical development, regulatory, commercialization, manufacturing and legal.
8-10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry and/or significant experience with collaborative projects, thought leader engagement or partnerships (public and/or private)
Understanding of drug development across the continuum from development to commercialization (oncology preferred)
Strong interpersonal, public communication and negotiation skills
Proven track record of managing complex interactions
Able to innovate, analyze and solve problems with attention to detail
Ability and willingness to travel nationally
In-depth understanding of the drug development process across the spectrums of development and commercialization (oncology knowledge preferred)
Previous cross-functional experience is desirable as this position requires a high degree of interaction with teams encompassing Oncology Research & Development, Commercialization, and other enterprise-wide teams
Highly collaborative, possess a track record of building and maintaining cross-functional relationships, and able to communicate business topics effectively with senior management and cross-cultures.
Demonstrates poise in conflict situations, has the ability to keep an objective perspective, and exercise diplomacy in all interactions.
Ability to work effectively across organizational levels, functions and geographic boundaries to complete objectives.
Strong interpersonal, public communication, and negotiation skills
Location: Princeton NJ
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job: Med Reg Affairs